Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Evernight


In my quest for a good vampire novel after the Twilight series ruined my opinion of all other vamp. books, I picked up "Evernight" off the shelf of Barns and Nobel, thinking that it would be a dud like all of the others. To my pleasant surprise, it is turning out fairly well (still not up to Twilight, but no one has it perfect).


So far, the main character, Bianca (weird name, I know) is dragged by her parents to a Gothic castle, converted into an exclusive private school, exclusive meaning... vampires (A little HP cliche, right? Big boarding school castle, kids with weird habits, meaning instead of magic and twirling wands, they've got blood sucking weirdos). Except that this year, they let in a handful of humans... why? Well, the book hasn't told me yet, but I think it's just a little obvious.


I hope "Evernight" will jump out of it's cliche shell soon, 'cause my opinion does not increase with repeated plots.

1 comment:

Melissa D. said...

This book sounds interesting. And i agree with you on the cliche part because that bugs me when everything is so predictable. If this book in unique to all other vampire novels i will definitely check this one out.