Friday, September 19, 2008

Jane Eyre

I needed reading material. Badly. My mom handed me a paperback copy of Jane Eyre. I was very doubtful about it's abilities to draw me in, but then again, I was desperate. It was long. It had small print. ick. But there I was, turning the cover and settled in for a long read.
Jane Eyre was boring. Then it got worse. I was literally falling asleep reading it. But then, Jane left her former school and got a job as a governess. That's when I got glued to the pages. Surrounding the large manor, Thornfield, is a mystery. Footsteps and maniacal laughter echo in the throughout the night. In addition, the master is nearly burned alive in his bed. Jane becomes entangled in the family's affairs, which nearly ruin her life.
I give it 4 1/2 stars. (1/2 taken for the start of the book which is rather gray)

2 comments:

Melissa Morrison said...

Hum, I've heard a lot about this book. is it any good? i do believe most people refer to it as a classic and i find most books referred to as classics boring. so, is it any good?

Rachel said...

ya is it good? idont know i dont think thats really my kind of book. but do u think id like it?